You just received your new night guard appliance,
Here are a few things you should know:
Care to Ensure Success
- Wear your Appliance at night time only, unless otherwise instructed by the dentist.
- The appliance should fit securely- if it seems loose please call the office to have it adjusted.
- Your teeth should glide smoothly in all directions on the appliance. If you notice unusual wear such as a groove in the appliance, please call the office to have it adjusted accordingly.
- Call the office if you experience anything unusual regarding your teeth, gums or jaw joint.
- Please bring your Appliance to your regular dental checkup so the doctor can examine it for any repairs or adjustments.
- Brush and floss your teeth before use. Trapping debris and plaque under the appliance is unhealthy for your teeth and gums.
- Clean the appliance after each use by rinsing it under cool water (Never hot). Use toothpaste or a soft toothbrush when cleaning the appliance. You may soak it in Polident denture cleaner to remove plaque or bacteria and to prevent it from staining.
- Eat or drink with the appliance in your mouth.
- This appliance is custom fit for your use only. Please do not give it to another person for their use.
- Do not rinse under hot or boiling hot water as it may distort the fit of your appliance.
- Do not attempt to file or alter your appliance in any way.